Wednesday, December 22, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year..

..to get sick. So this seems to be a strange cold. It's not the flu. When I wake up I have a sore throat. However as the day progresses it's not as prominent. There is occasional phegm in my throat and nose. Left tonsil is slightly swollen (that always happens when I get a cold). No fever, sneezing or coughing. =\ There is however body fatigue.
I've been trying to rest the whole day but I've been strung out with something to do. I went to walmart and grabbed some soup and orange to camp out for the day in my room. Once I come home my grandfather tells me his doc. appointment is at 12 and my brother was still in the shower (he said he'd take him). I put the soup on the stove and just as I was about to leave with my grandfather to drop him off my brother comes out. I tell him his appointment was at 12, he wasn't suppose to leave at 12 and to check the soup on the stove. I drop him off and he asks me can you pick me up. I told him how im sick and need rest. I'm sorry I know it's rude and a bitch move and trust me I felt guilty for saying no. but you don't realize that he wants to go out everyday and I'm left with the responsiblity. Now i get it on those days when my brother isn't home that I can take it on. But my brother is home SO WHY CANT HE DO IT!My brother ends up going out. UGH! so my grandfather is going to have to bus it home. I feel bad but whatever bringing him home is not a simple task..no he would want me to stop at 3 tamil stores before going home. Which he spends a great deal of time in mind you.
SO I come home and the phone wouldn't STOP RINGING!! LIKE FOR GODS SAKE!! I finally answer the phone. It's my mom's best friend's mother. SHe tells me why shes calling and then she asks me why I'm not at school? I HATE when people (ESPECIALLY ONES I DONT KNOW) call and ask me that. I DON'T FUCKING KNOW YOU SO WHAT IS IT ANY OF YOUR BUSINESS!!
I then had to call the children's hospital to change my schedhule due to the new semester schedule. So I call, mind you I don't want to change my shift from the clinic I am at right now because my supervisor is cool and isn't anal about always being there for every shift. My semester schedhule is tuesday & wednesday 8:30am-6:30 pm (CLINICAL PLACEMENTS), thursdays: 8:30-11:20 am/3:30-5:30pm. SO the only option for me to stay at the clinic was tuesdays 1-4, wednesdays 1-4 or fridays 9am-12pm. SO bsaically what I'm am bitching about here is that I'm most likely going to take the friday 9-12 shift. There is monday available 1-4 pm BUT it's a different clinic. I went to my friend with this dilemma and she had good reasoning on opting for friday. Monday is the starting of the week your going to need that day to study for tests. So I'll go friday mornings, especially since I'm used to waking up early and I'll have the rest of friday for myself.
My next rant... MY SICK SCARF. I used to have this awesome, white, thick, knitted scarf. I wear it at home and even to school when im sick. It keeps my neck warm when I have a bad cold. Unfortunately the sick scarf was thrown out with the stuff from my ex a few months ago. So i've substituted it with this thinner scarf...JUST AINT THE SAME MAN!! OH and my ayruvedic teas are done! It's what I drink when I'm stressed or sick. I want to just walk into david's tea and spend $100 on tea. That'd be awesome :) However the purchasing of a new sick scarf and tea will have to wait after all this holiday stuff is over with. UGH
on a better note, two of my profs. wrote me back agreeing to write me a reference letter for my interview. I also got someone else to write me a reference letter. I intend on giving her and my boss's contact number if they want to call. I just need to give the ppl who are writing my reference letter some sort of criteria. anyways im off to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment