Friday, December 31, 2010

2010

I've been trying to write about 2010. But I end up deleting my attempts.

But this scene from Parenthood(1989) starring Steve Martin, Keanu Reeves and others.

Grandma: You know, when I was nineteen, Grandpa took me on a roller coaster.
Gil: Oh?
Grandma: Up, down, up, down. Oh, what a ride!
Gil: What a great story.
Grandma: I always wanted to go again. You know, it was just so interesting to me that a ride could make me so frightened, so scared, so sick, so excited, and so thrilled all together! Some didn't like it. They went on the merry-go-round. That just goes around. Nothing. I like the roller coaster. You get more out of it.


Many unexpected stuff has happened to me this very year but I can say that I've never seen such personal growth in myself. I've always seen myself as the childlike person who just never really had the sense of wisdom. But I've gotten (and still am getting there) past many hurdles this year. What 2011 has in store for me is unknown and I guess that's what leaves me nervous and anxious. I stepped into 2010 not expecting the turn of events that happened to me. Pain is inevitable in life but what I experienced this year I would never want to go through again. Nevertheless, I'm one crazy bitch and I know I have the strength of a bull to push through anything. So Pat Benatar couldn't have put it in better words "Hit me with your best shot!"
Happy New Years Everyone! I wish everyone nothing but the best for 2011! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment