Tuesday, July 19, 2011

no matter


Regardless, of how cliche this sounds; it really is shocking how life can change before your eyes.
I came across some photos of a wedding from last year. It feels like a different life time, a different chapter locked away and pushed to the back of my head. Nowadays, it's easier not to think of my past relationship, because of distractions such as school. But when I come across photos of myself, him and his family at a wedding all of us smiling happy. You can't help but feel this overwhelming surge of emotions. You can't help but wonder What happened? But then this realistic voice chimes in and goes Life happened.
But see that's the flaw, we are told to just shut our emotions up once they surface and go on with life. We don't actually feel and "deal" with those emotions. Sometimes you got to, otherwise you don't get to the root of the problem. It then goes ignored, unsolved and repressed. You never really grow and move on. Yeah, yeah...I sound pretty sappy and annoying right now, but it's the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment