Monday, July 25, 2011

humans plan, God laughs.

Once again while I was showering the sweet ol' Indian lady this week. She brought marriage again and asked whether I was ready? I responded that I wasn't ready and still had school to accomplish and that by the time I was done school, find a job and ready to marry I'd be 27/28. I know quite old and plus God knows what will happen right? She proceeded to give me her words of wisdom:

Take your time and get to know someone. Find someone that understands you and your career. Men of our culture expect a woman who will tend to their family and be by their sides 24/7. *she let out a laugh as if she was reminicising of her late husband* Find a man that will understand your career and the fact that you will have to work odd hours. Don't rush, take your time.

I smiled and listened because I really didn't know how to respond. What she said is true. But nowadays love seems like some sort Zelda journey or a hunt for the right man. You go out to clubs the ratio of guys to girls is like 1:4. Of course clubs aren't the best place to meet a potential significant other. I guess in a way it is an oxymoron because "true love" (I use this word casually because who knows if it really exists) is hard to find but when it is discovered there is those flying sparks and immediate chemistry. But is love really something that is "natural and simple"? Or is it just finding and settling someone within our vicinity, shares our similar likings and values?

But of course, that's the least of my concerns. Right now, I should not even be worrying about the outcomes of relationships with the opposite sex. Just have fun and enjoy (no not in a sexual way -_-) because I think the the only outcomes I should be worried about is my schooling. haha =\

No comments:

Post a Comment