Friday, July 1, 2011

drug administration

Medication Order: Lorazepam (Ativan) PRN. Read drug instructions.
(PRN medication is a type of order which are given by nurses to patients on an "as-needed" basis. So this entails a nurses judgement on how much to give and how frequently.; Lorazepam is benzodiazepine which is used for antianxiety so of course it's effects is a sense of relaxation and sleepiness)

Me: OoOoOOo Lorezepam!!!! (imagine one excitedly reacting to chocolate, ice cream or their favourite treat..yah that was my voice)
Teacher: uhmm...*one eye brow raised look*
*awkward silence*
Me: *attempts to break silence* man this patient has so many drugs I'm going to be a walking drug guide by the time I'm a nurse. hahahaha...

You maybe wondering why in Gods name I'd be up at 7 am when I have no clinicals and it's a long weekend. Well my friends this is a consequence I must suffer for my procastination last night in completing my care plan which is due at 10 am today. Seriously pissed off at myself. =\

I want to stand at the foot of my parents bed and smile like the photo below of Sheldon from Big Bang Theory, until they wake to their daughter smiling at them like that with a startle. BAHAHHHAHAHAHA they created me, they have no choice but to love me.

Oh, Happy Canada Day ...I love you Canada *runs out kisses a Maple leaf tree* Oh how I wish the maple leaf tree was actually a Maple leaf player, prefarrbly Luke Schenn or Nazeem Kadri.

No comments:

Post a Comment