Thursday, March 31, 2011

awkward

I was up for 4:30 am mind you I went to bed at 9:00 pm so I'm not some sort of trooper. :P By the time I got ready and got to school it was 5:30 am. I went to open the door, it was locked. LOL I was locked out of my own school?! :S Thankfully, there was a caretaker there so I knocked on the door and she let me in. I don't feel ready for this test this morning. I'm just reviewing everything over and over again. Can't wait to go home, sleep and come back for lab. Looking forward to Lab because it's on injections. Now I can finally be taught to stab those who have pissed me off with dangerous chemicals. haha kidding...*shifty eyes*...no seriously I'm kidding. Gosh I don't want this being used against me in court.
There are two students here practising for Health Assessment, oh how much I miss Health assessment. Ok no I don't, just makes me sound wise and old. I don't mind theory 2 and HA but I wasn't the biggest fan of HA. These students seem pretty knowledgeable about what they are doing though. Hmm, I hust think they are over-stressing it but we all do it.
The lab exam yesterday was dreadfully long. Well this week has been an agonizing long week. I want it to be over. Hmm I guess I've figured some things out about myself within these past few days. Well, don't think I'll be going into Sick Kids tommorow. I want a day off. Gosh my bowel movements have been so inconsistent for the past week. It's annoying how it's so sensitive to stress. At one point at the hospital:
Me: Okay why don't we finish up your prune juice.
Patient: No I don't want to.
Me: Why not?
Patient: The moment I drink that I'll need to go!
Me: *thinks to myself* maybe I should have some of that.

I never knew prunes were shriveled up plums. It's kind of like Raisins are dried up grapes. hehe Ye I'm kind of out of it to find trivial matters like this interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Curious.. How do you guys practice 'injections'? You try them out on people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish! we practice them in labs on these manicans...if we pass the test than we are allowed to give injections at clinicals under the supervision of a teacher or a nurse. So it's a combo. of the two clinicals and lab that gives us that practice. hehe i remember telling my brother i was going to practice on him.

    ReplyDelete