Sunday, March 28, 2010

May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows

My past anatomy tests were decent. The level of confidence was there...but for this test. ohh HELLL noooo. Im overwhelmed with all the nerves I need to know, all the parts of the brain and what they are responsible for and uhm the divisions of the peripharel nervous system.. and a whole lotta other shit. Than there is the urinary system..its NOT so bad i just need to keep teaching myself the process of urine formation and the hormones. But my GOD... im at a decent grade but what I hate about decent grades is that your at the border .. so when you do bad on a test your brought down from something that would have seemed a lot better. I still have test #5 and my anatomy exam to bump me up. but i know the exam is not going to bump me up..an exam either keeps you where u are at or brings you down. yes im a cynic..but hello this is anatomy and physiology...theres a hella lotta shiet to KNOW..that's right i used HELLA.. to emphasize how big of a deal this is.
I finished my essay the other night.. than i fixed it up a bit yesterday night.. and i completed it today. So I'm relieved. It's just a matter of me printing...shreddies proof read it thank god for her brilliance ;) bahh my life is so boring.. it's just a matter of me going to school and coming home. the excited part of me week that i look forward to is sick kids and probably when i go swimming. Speaking of sick kids.. i think i'll be leaving early this week. my boss called me in for work this thursday (i still need to confirm) so im going to work. homie ji is broke like a broken record. I would just love to work and study. seriously i got to give it those people who can balance that. but iunno i guess after all the shit that happened last year. i just want to do whatever i can to maintain what i have (nursing) and making sure i do it RIGHT! thus, the neglect on work..thus the decline in the income.
So my friend is going to go out of the country for the summer she was filling out forms for her passport. they needed a reference i believe that wasn't a relative. so we had to put down how long we've known each other for...after using my fingers to count turns out i've known for 7 years. im like holy shit i've known u for 1/3 of my life! it's just astonishing how fast time flies... 7 years ago i was in downtown. those days were simple... maybe it can be contributed to our innocence and naivety. funny things i remember from downtown:
- prostitutes fighting... it was amusing because it involved blood.
- my best friend and me would go to the library..there were study rooms. and she would throw her pencil over to the next study room (the wall didn't connect to the ceiling. remember down town people) and she'd go to the study room which was occupied by somone else.. ACTUALLY STUDYING and retrieve her pencil.
- once i dared my best friend (i'll call her shreds) to wear this fluorescent green wig and walk around the library.. LOL OMG she did.. i was laughin so frikken hard
-biking
-rec. swim ..diving in the deep.. hell yes i knew how to DIVE!
-roller blading
-once they filmed this movie in our buildings and everyone was so excited and our parents let us stay out late to watch them film.. don't know if the movie was THAT popular
-we got unto the railroads
-snuck on top of the garage ..got yelled at by some black lady to get off...the building was three storey high..mind you it was a big thanng!
-snuck into the abandoned swimming pool in our building.. it was closed.. and dark.. and probably haunted.. but i all i remember seeing was a rat scurry across when we shined the light.


oohh shit there’s probably more that i don't remember.. there's always strange people and strange things you encounter in down town.. why im reminiscing.. it was a goooood time. for that i will put this song to commemorate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1nbvplgElw

4 comments:

  1. All those adventures you listed reminded me how boring and uninspiring life is in the suburbs. Either the city or the countryside- give me either of those. I just can't wait to leave conformist suburbia and face REAL life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. with the suburbs..to get to point A to point B you need a car. now im not justifying the use of my car.. you CAN get around but sometimes theres not even a sidewalk! =\

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh it was difficult but manageable..didnt pull out my hair. =]

    ReplyDelete