Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Correlation

Well another school week has gone by. Tomorrow I have to volunteer at the children’s hospital. It’s also going to be beautiful weather just like today. In psych we got this assignment about healthy living. We have a practical and theoretical component. So we chose one of the four pillars of healthy living (eating healthy, exercise, maintaining healthy body weight and not smoking). Healthy body weight is more of long term thing so it was off the list. Not smoking doesn’t apply to me. I chose exercise since it will motivate me. According to Health Canada to be ideally healthy you got to exercise for 1hr 7 days a week. That’s what I will be doing and I also have to keep a log. Today I started of with running and walking for 1 hr. It felt good to just go to the park and listen to your music as you walk. Running was annoying because the headphones kept falling out of my ears(damn small ear holes).Oh! and my legs starting like burning. I screamed at my legs “DAMN YOU LACTIC ACID”. Ok lol I didn’t but I was singing loudly to mama mia and I think I creeped out an old man. Oh and why is that when you smile at adults they smile back? But when I smile at a kid (with NO SEXUAL and pedophilic intentions..SHEESH) they get all nervous. GOSH KID I ain’t gonna kidnap you. it’s really motivating in a sense. I don’t think I’ll stick to one exercise for the 7 days. I haven’t gone swimming for two weeks so I guess I’ll incorporate that.

I watched a Law and Order SVU episode today. Main point I want to get at is about this lady who lived in Congo. During her time there she was raped multiple times by militants and men who were not punished for rape. She saw countless women being rape right before her! Being raped once is unfortunate as it is…but multiple times and seeing it everyday! Does it become a norm? That’s what I wondered and I just can conclude no. You just become so numb of course it hurts. After seeing that episode I valued our country, our level of morality and the justice system. I mean yes Canada has its down falls and it probably fucks up. It’s also probably doing a lot of shit to the planet that it shouldn’t. But 5 year old girls don’t have to see there mothers being raped by 5 men and then get raped by the same 5 men as well. Maybe it has happened...but it’s a lot less prominent and I’m thankful for that.

I put a log piece in Jojo’s tank and that did not suit well. He’d occasionally swim around the tank and go sniff the log. But nothing more..it was just invasive. I got rid of it so he can have more swimming space. He’s shedding like CRAZY… it’s not just his feet.. his head, his shell, I haven’t seen any on his arms though. Therefore, the tank is starting to stink a lot faster. My bro walked into the room and said my room stunk. Like his smells any better with the dirty socks and all.

Oh yeah today’s st.patricks day..I don’t know much about it except people wear green. When I do think bout patty’s day this is my train of thought …very simple: St.patricks day--> Irish-->Collin Farrel-->mmmmmmm-> Collin Farrel…..->leperchaun->Luckycharms->mmm marshmallows. I know I’m quite primitive.

Well that’s it for now I should get to bed… tomorrow morning will be a big mission. I am not a moooooooorning person!

2 comments:

  1. you probably are looking at those kids in those intentions kids can see through you buddy...lolz...but i totally have to agree with you on the law and order topic...but personally speaking no matter how many times one gets raped i think its the same painful feeling...like even doing something on a minor scale and we hate it so much...but some as extreme as rape...it can never be easy to get use...when the woman was speaking her story it was just so heart wrenching to know that women are being abused and used ...and treated worse then animals...well in the bright side for the healthy aspect this is irrelevant but it has been said that pepsi is taking away sugar contented drinks from elementary school and adding more healthy drinks with water and vitamin...which is really good thing especially in america where kids are so unfit and unhealthy...but yeah here is my first comment on many more to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow finally on the coke machines.. those things are evil..with evil leperchaun eating lucky charms.

    ReplyDelete