Friday, November 11, 2011

patient

it's not about the destination but more importantly the journey.



oh, how much I forget to acknowledge that on a weekly even daily basis? With school and yes, I'm going to say it even, society. It demands productivity and drills into our head goal oriented efficacy. Nevertheless, most successful people are those who get things done, duh! But what I seem to have a hard time getting past personally, is how to revel in the "moment" without getting caught up with thoughts in regards to the future.



oh gosh I need to study and pass my exam.



Oh gosh! I need to apply to graduate. (shit that reminds me ; today is the last day to apply to graduate! thank god I'm going to school to study before clinicals.)



oh shit I need to write my licensing exam and get a job.



oh shit by the time I graduate I'll be 25 and my parents would want me married off.



oh shit am I going to get an arrange marriage?



I am sure I am not the only one who has this mindset. But, it's safe to say: it would not hurt to look at things with a in the moment mentality and worry about obstacles when you cross over that bridge. When something is meant to happen in life, be it a job opportunity, a marriage, a child or a bowel movement; it will happen on its accord. What I and probably others need to recognize is, sit back, smoke a joint (kidding!) and let things flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment