Sunday, November 13, 2011

cry baby

I came home from The National Women's Show with my friends and plopped down on the couch. My mom was watching a tamil film called, Engeyum Eppodhum. It was pretty good. The whole anticipatory build up and tension between the two couples were pretty cute to watch. The plot then goes on in which these two buses crash, with numerous fatalities. There was this one scene in the movie where this father was on the bus coming back from Saudi to see his little daughter. The daughter called and the father gave the phone over to the man sitting beside him to kind of prove to his daughter that he is on his way back home. It reminded me of myself where I'd talk to my dad while he was in Canada and I was back home in Sri Lanka. I'd ask him when I was going to see him and according to my mom he'd sit there silently on the phone with her after because he was crying due to the pain and the distance between his family. So in the movie, the father was on one of the buses which gets involved in a head on collision with another bus. The father dies and as they pull him away on the gurney/stretcher the cell phone is ringing and it's the little daughter calling. Oh my GOD, I cried like a baby. My father and I aren't close. Quite frankly, we never got along possibly because we were so much alike, that it worked against us. And I guess with the first three years my dad being MIA(my father also worked in Saudi) in my life obviously also put that strain on our father-daughter relationship.
Today was a fun outing with the girls. I also seem to have a crush on one of the actor's(Sharvanand) from the film. bahahaha. ok! not a crush because he does his eyebrows and that's such a turn off, but damn he's pretty good looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment