Friday, October 22, 2010

FLU SHOT

I got my flu shot. Now for those of you who know me, I am not an eager beaver on getting flu shots. But I understand if you are old and wrinkly and you need those shots to work on behalf of your immune system. In other words ou fall into the vulnerbale population that is prone to get sick from teh flu and can be determental. Seeing that I will be doing my clinical hours next semester, it is mandatory I get the shot. It's been a good 6 hours and the side effects of the god damn thing has settled in; I have a slight fever, I feel like crap (malaise) and my body aches. Oh and of course I decide to go to the gym after my Flu shot, MMR shot and TB shot. Which of course I didn't feel the reaction right away but here my body is trying to compensate for energy expenditure on the work out and of course on whatever is in my DAMN BODY!
No, this does not mean I have the flu. They did not put a live virus in me, but there are the side effects because even though it's a dead virus.. its a frikken VIRUS. AND MY DOCTOR DIDNT GIVE ME A LOLLIPOP!!


No comments:

Post a Comment