Thursday, August 11, 2011

mother-daughter convo

Amidst excitedly gushing to my mother about me going to the OR, our convo. trailed off like this...

Me: OMG mom who needs MARRIAGE and A HUSBAND?! I can live like this! There's this rush amma (mom in Tamil)!
Mom: *Gasps and stares at me with wide eyes* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I want grandchildrenn!!!!

bahahaha I love her. Today was our last day at clinicals like I mentioned earlier. I had stepped in to say goodbye to a patient I've grown very fond of. She is the patient I literally walked alongside for weeks in recovery in her rehabilitation after hip and wrist surgery. I did my project on her and well we just got really close. I've mentioned her before, in my blogs, the one who reminds me of my best friend. So we sat there and talked and told her I had it is my last day. She is also being transferred over to another retirement home for one month until she regains complete strength to go back home. She has changed so much compared to when I first met her. She is able to walk to the washroom with her walker on her own and do much more for herself. I was so happy to see her much better. We said our goodbyes, her eyes watered.. and then my eyes watered. We both sat there staring at each other with watery eyes, my friend walks in sees us and walks out awkwardly lol. I hugged her good bye and she kissed me on the cheek. *sigh*YEs very cheesey but you know

2 comments: