Friday, May 28, 2010

Warning: weekly long post

after a really stressful day you really don't feel guilty for lying in bed watching tv... i really despise fridays because i have a two theory class in the morning and then a professional growth class (another two hours) and then a one hour break followed by a three hour pathophysiology class by a teacher who makes you want to bang your head on the desk repeatedly. Mind you I did NOT get my one hour break more like 15 minutes since I had to meet up with my group…those 15 minutes I used to buy this artery clogging delicious cheesy plaque filled (you know like jelly filled) VEGGIE pizza, devoured it, ran to a computer print out notes that my friend gave me and rush off to class. THUS ME TIME WAS WELL DESERVED TODAY… just watching tv, no homework, no worrying about school, no worrying about anyone and no talking to anyone. I know it seems selfish but sometimes I just love alone time. Working out at the gym or exercising is not “alone time” or “me time” for me it’s “increase your longevity so I can see my great grand babies and avoid as much pain as I can” time. Now, now working out do has some perks.. you know that pumped rejuvenated feeling you get but that’s where it stops.

I could have exercised today but I didn’t I was just pooped. I woke up late today too and on top of that I forgot I had an in class assignment…THANK GOD I did my readings though. I need to get better organized in a sense that I should utilize my calendar and agenda again. I used to first semester but I started neglecting them since summer hit.

So I have another group assignment and it’s really getting annoying. I guess I’m not used to working with people and some people just come off as FUCKIN ANNOYING like my god I want to scream at you. Sometimes I remind myself of Dr.Cox but of course he is an EXTREME. I just snap sometimes at the stupidest and smallest things. I guess that’s why God brought my bf into my life he seems to ask A LOT of question and with him in my life I’ve developed a patience and tolerance for the 21…oh wait 21,000 questions.. you gotta love him. =P Anyways back to patience and tolerance I need to put up with this just because there are going to be people a lot worse that I will meet on a daily basis whether it’s a co-worker, my future child (oh dear God ), my boss or my patient. So we are doing this group assignment on the integumentary system (skin). Well this girl wanted to give the answers to the class and not really test them to see if they did the handout and I told her “Well we can’t do that they are suppose to come to class with the worksheet finished and we have to see if they did the work and still teach them” She replied “Well no one is going to have time to finish that everyone is busy and has other stuff to worry about” Now I love her empathy for us and what not but we are expected as students to complete the work. Anyways we came to terms and what not and I know better now too. Another situation was we were learning about pain and the medications we are to take with it. So the teacher was explaining how Tylenol does not really get rid of the pain but it “blocks” you from feeling the pain. Anyways this girl puts her hand up and goes “So if we take 3 Tylenol pills and touch a stove we won’t feel pain?” I couldn’t help it...I was not being a smart ass.. I scoffed and went “What?” My classmate behind me laughed and said “that girl is really something else” I think what made me guilty was we talked about her after class but we all kind of new in the back of our heads that she was not asking the questions to seem funny but she was serious. =\ We weren’t making fun of her like “Omg she’s such and idiot” but to some extent her questions can get annoying because we have to listen to these questions when WE ARE LEARNING. And I guess that’s another thing I learnt today… not to laugh or talk shit about people’s learning process, well at least not with my peers. But people I can trust my venting moments with. And I’m sure many have come across these individuals that ask weird and off questions in class that make people go what fudge crackin lumber jackin shiznet? =\

Well this week at the hospital was alright. The kids that I usually see weren’t in on Thursday but I was distracted with Bingo. There was 15 minutes till Bingo the other volunteer didn’t get the bingo cards so I had to go to the office ask the coordinators where the bingo card was then I found out it was in our clinic binder but I didn’t look because I didn’t have to grab the keys since the other volunteer had them. Then I had to come back cut up lil pieces to put on the bingo card, (by this time the other volunteer was gone.. I swear I hate her), distribute the bingo cards to all the patients and give out the pieces. I know I’m being dramatic but seriously these kids look forward to playing it and the prizes are AWESOME…not that I sit there and play and get a prize for myself …FORBIDDEN FRUIT! Anyways after bingo the day was pretty chill I had one patient who had a bunch of procedures done (the nurse didn’t tell me what and I didn’t ask either) but yeah gave her some company by doing some crafts like making a frame and a flower out of tissue paper.

My neighbours had moved downstairs and a new family moved in for rent. There is this little boy who is often playing by himself. Today he said hi to me ( I AM NOT A COUGAR THE KID IS FRIKKEN 8) anyways I kinda just feel bad because he’d just be out in the front yard playing by himself. Like the other day he ripped up grass into tiny pieces and was throwing it like rice at a wedding on his driveway.. Why I don’t know? When I told my mom about him and she was aware of this too… my mom was like well why don’t you go and play with him. I replied “Mom this is not Sri Lanka, I’m 21 and the last thing I want is child services called on me”

No comments:

Post a Comment