Wednesday, May 12, 2010

and it begins

So I'm making it seem like I've never worked out in my life but I guess it's because I've gotten so inclined to the unhealthy snacking and other crappy habits. Sometimes I envy those people who just got it together they're working out, doing school and working. I mean I'm happy but I guess I just need to attain that balance. I shove all my focus on school that I neglect other aspects of my life. Thankfully, when it comes to work, it's flexible I'm not expected to work certain hours or what not.
Last night I was a little nervous my second semester in the nursing program begins. I heard this semester is pretty hectic. From what I see so far in the classes I went I GOT TO KEEP MY SHIT TOGETHER. So I got to up my organization skills. Last semester the only organized binder I had was anatomy & physio. Lol I had the whole nine yards you know dividers and course outline at the front, handouts, work all in respective sections. Sorry about the bragging but I guess that's the only binder I've ever been so proud about. After exams I kept everything as it is because I'm going to need it for my lab/field course. We also need to make Nursing Portfolio I did this focus group last semester and I was suppose to get a certificate that I was supposed to put in my Portfolio when I went to pick it up it wasn't there so I guess I have to e-mail the coordinator.
Anyways back to working out so I checked the schedhules I was thinking of taking the easy route in this whole gym thang by going back to my muscle woks class. That's from 5:45-6:40 then for 20 minutes I'll walk/jog around the track. Afterwards at 7:00 there is a yoga class. I think that class I'm a little intimidated by. With my muscle works class I'm a little familiar with what she does but with yoga I have NEVER done. What if I fall while doing some position? =| I think the hard part is that people might be watching you and it's embarrasing but whatever I need to stop being so whiney.
As I laid in bed last night I wondered for the day ahead. I then realized how comfortable I got to my previous semester which made me nervous for this next one. Because I have pathophysio and pharmacology which does not seem so fun. *sigh*I guess it's all fear of the unknown and it's like when you finish step 1 you anxiously anticipate step 2 and what's in store for you. So far I'm okay most of my friends from last semester are in my classes again, I started talking to few new people. Like I met a girl today who bought her $80 textbook for $1 at the library (they are usually selling books and what not). Hehe I also met this couple who's doing the program together.
My third “beginning” was my name issue. For those who know me either call me by my full name or my nick name (that my parents call me) Ami (pronounced Amee not Amy..like "mon ami!!" in French) I told one of my professors to call me Ami. I was getting tired of people not remembering my name...Why? because maybe it was too long or confusing. It's different when people who already know me call me by nick name than those who don't. It feel weird introducing myself by my full name and the saying "but you can call me Ami" Another thing that bothers me about it why shouldn't I use my cultural first name? Why am I conforming to this westernization norm? At the same time I just feel like when I'm at the hospital (volunteering) or working with people at school it would be a lot easier for them to remember? I guess my nick name Ami is something personal to me and allowing stranger whom I just met to call me that feels awkward. It's like having sex on the first date or farting on the first date! When me and my boyfriend go to restaurants I give in my nick name only because I don't want to stand in the crowd spell out my name and then have to repeat myself because the waitress/waiter didn't hear me correctly. Even then they call me Amy.
Well anyways I'm going to get in bed and watch The Back Up Plan with Jennifer Lopez. I hate trying to watch it online and luckily my bf had a copy of the dvd. I got to say she looks weird in the poster for this movie though. I liked this movie I think my last resort would have been what she did. Go to a sperm bank and inseminate myself... well someone would do that for me but yeah! But my bf is in the picture but that is plan X if all fails! Ohh! And it turns out I don't have class tomorrow at 8:30 in the morning that time slot (which I don't know what they put) is for self-study. I BELIEVE the reason why is when we get into labs and what not we can use that time slot to practice. It's weird though we are going to be taught how to make hospital beds and wash sheets, clothes etc. These are things we just kind of know through chores (Well I don't really make my bed in the morning which my mom yells at me about but I guess this course will get the ball rolling) but I guess there are specific hospital regulations to be followed. I just have to go to volunteer at the Children’s hospital from 1-4 pm tomorrow. Hmm I think I can put my volunteer certificates in my Nursing Portfolio. Well I’m exhausted I didn’t even have proper sleep even though I went to bed early I just laid there nervous like it’s my first night.

LOL eww that reminds me so our nursing theory teacher asked so what are your expectations for this course? And this guy was like maybe we should have games, presentations and role play to you know keep things interesting. Then my prof goes “ahh okay so we should have some role play to keep you guys stimulated.” I giggled to her joke and she turned around to look at everyone staring at her like -> =\ she goes “aww come on it’s a joke” teheh I like her I can relate to her humour.

No comments:

Post a Comment