Tuesday, October 25, 2011

soreee


Sometimes I wonder if he wants something more than friends, in the sense of physical. His comments at time are flirtatious in nature, that makes me raise an eyebrow. Okay not really, I can't raise one eyebrown but you know. A few months back I was open to the idea of friends with benefits(FWB). I don't know how and what it is that has changed my mind within that period, but I can safely conclude that is just not what I am looking for.
Utimately in the end I would have felt awful about myself and I realized I rather share those kind of moments with someone who's in it to be with me as well. I rather not just give anything up to a guy for the sake of some sort of pleasure. That's when I begin to have some sort of self-conflict because I was reasoning on both sides. Yes, there is a sense of empowerment if you can maintain such a relationship without getting emotions involved. But then I can't help about questioning what about ones' self-respect? If you are in a FWB relationship, do you still have self-respect? I know it sounds silly, maybe some girls do? I don't know because in the end the girl can have self-respect and be using the guy for the physical aspect and getting something out of it too right? I think it looks wrong because it's out of societal norm, especially for a woman to engage in such type of relationship. My perspective, lol I rather not get myself into such drama. I can say I do have my emotions in check, but dare I try FWB, I'd be your typical girl trying to label and strap that man down (in a non sexual manner). So I rather avoid that drama and even then emotions will heighthen. I'd think I want to be with them, when really, how do I even know if I want a relationship to begin with? LOL omg I sound crazy but maybe some readers get what I'm saying. So that folks is my take on friends with benefits. Even though in the summer I was ready to jump in the FWB boat and get down and dirty. I'm glad it didn't happen. :)
Ahh well, whatever happens will happen. If a situation was to occur, I'd have to say no, followed by awkwardness and our "friendship" will lead to its eventual detoriation. bahaha c'est la vie. And yes it's wrong to just assume he wants that, but in this day and age with men being pigs, a girls gotta have her guards up.

No comments:

Post a Comment