Thursday, October 13, 2011

lovely...just lovely

So for the past month or so I've been lacking in regards to going to the gym that also paired with the crappy eating habits. Quite frankly if you finish a shift around 11:30 pm, you are going to be starving. I honestly don't know what to eat because well I'll be going to bed shortly after. Anyways this week I started going back to the gym and resuming normal eating habits that isn't overindulging on anything in plain site. First day wasn't so bad on a count that I didn't have to go to the hospital. Second day wasn't so bad; went to the gym, showered, ate and took a quick nap before going to the hospital. My shift was pretty hectic especially when two of your patients are overweight. Nonetheless, I didn't feel anything during or after my shift. It was at 8:30 in the morning when my mom came in to ask me if I wanted to go to the gym that I felt my whole body in pain. My back, my arms, my legs and even my chest! :S So I'm not going to go today. Either way I have a paper to work on that's due tommorow.
There's really not much to write in here. Nothing exciting or enticing. Just trying to get things together with clinicals so that when I am there I can do it on my own independently. I want to show the co-ordinators that I am a competent nurse so that maybe... just maybe *fingers crossed* they can recommend me for a job position at the hospital or even one at the very unit. Alot of the nurses are encouraging me to work as I do my bridging program into Uni. But honestly I spoke to my clinical teacher and she was right "Think of that decision when it's time to cross that bridge." So right now I am trying to juggle clinicals and studying which isn't so easy because I am tired most of the time. And also trying to make time to hang out with friends otherwise I think I'd go insane without any social contact. October is filled with alot of parties surprisingly and I cannot attend a few of them because (1) I have shift the next day and need to be up at 6 am. and (2) I don't work so I don't have much money to go out that often. My friend told it was just a part of being an "adult". Lol I guess he's right but it just sucks when you want to go out. I think I need to sort of accept this reality because of the shift schedhule expected of a nurse. I miss the financial independency though. If I wanted to go out or if my friend's birthday was coming up I'd work for a couple of weekends and I'd have money set aside for them. Ah well...keep telling myself my time will come, right now it's a matter of getting my stuff done.

Found this funny picture on the net... LOL



No comments:

Post a Comment