Tuesday, September 6, 2011

oh my

As September 8th lingers closer and closer, I can't help but feel like I am constantly being infused with high levels of anxiety. I keep telling myself, just suck it up and give it your ALL for the next four months. Don't stop for a second to think of anyone else but yourself and get through it. Yes, it may seem selfish but for those who love me know how much of a pain in the ass this semester is going to be. I really don't know how I am going to adjust to the 12 hours shifts and the overwhelming stress. I keep questioning my ability and wondering about how good my preceptor and clinical teacher is going to be.
As I vented in panic to a friend the other day, she said just get yourself organized, it will be a great start. I really should do that. My brother moved out so we disposed his desks and moved in my desk and bookshelf into his room. Now his room has turned into sort of a study for me. His bed is still there though. My parents moved his TV to my room. But yeah, there is a shit load of clutter like paper work and notes to be organized.
Then of course I need to prepare stuff for my pre-grad. It's all overwhelming but I think it's basically just getting started. I guess all this preparation is a good distraction from my stupid thoughts.
Maybe it's a matter of taking it all at one step at a time. I know it's possible for me to get through this. LOL I keep telling myself that. I've accomplished alot just looking back from one year ago. So maybe it's a matter of just adapting, adjusting and making sure I make time for myself.
Gahh my head hurts, I am going to make some tea. I guess the best part of it getting a bit chilly is I can finally drink a hot cup of tea. And HOCKEY SEASON.

No comments:

Post a Comment