Friday, April 22, 2011

truth

When truth is waving a red flag and screaming right in your face, sometimes we choose to deny it. We hope and try to make excuses that Hey maybe? But the fact of the matter is, deep down we know what the actuality is. We are only fooling ourselves when we justify and make excuses to satisfy what we want reality to be. However, all of this is normal. It's a defense mechanism to nurture that ego that stubbornly doesn't want to comply to reality. I believe if we don't set up these ego defense mechanisms (everyone does it; it can be something subtle on a daily basis or something drastic that's lifelong) we'd probably fry our brains with the overload or just be really sad individuals. So, these mechanisms just act like buffers to actually help and adjust to reality with a smooth transistion. To actually have some sort of development from a hurdle, would require you to realize that your justifications, rationalization are all things to keep your ego intact and ignorant of yourself. But sadly, people go on in life following these illusions set up by your ego, failing to see the truth.
This makes me wonder, what illusions have I set up for myself? LOL How about we start of with something simple as the fact that I have an exam this wednesday and I really need to start studying hardcore for this shit instead of writing notes and answering questions. My goal is to finish up all the questions today and start studying my notes/work from Saturday-Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment