Friday, April 8, 2011

I feel..

http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day/ornate-day-gecko-mauritius/

sometimes we are sheltered, there is so much to see beyond Canada. BUT at the same time there is so much of Canada that is left unexplored.Canadian tourists go off to other tropical countries that are viewed as exotic, but what about here? We take what we have for granted. I always wanted to travel by train throughout Canada. That'd be fun! Hmm I don't know what the sense of exploration came from. I guess it's because I was looking through my blogs stats. And I saw a page view from a country called Malta. I was like What is Malta? :S and I looked it up. According to "European Countries" it's a group of seven islands in the Mediterranean Sea. Only three of the islands are inhabited (Malta, Gozo and Comino). My best friend is a News Fiend...everytime I go to her house newspapers are to be found. If I sleep over, the morning she reads the paper. I don't read the paper, I don't even follow the news that much! But of course I read the paper to because as much as I'd secretly like to, I don't want to sit there and stare at her pretty face read the paper ;). Bahahaha I'm such a creep! But I notice that you are aware of much more that's going on globally and nationally. And well it's good to be aware of that and not sheltered in your own little bubble. Sometimes I can't help but question what exactly can we trust when we see/hear/ read in the news. Sometime I can't help but wonder do government officials control what is said in the news, kind of like in the movie Green Hornet. Well, I realized I should be more aware about what's going on and not just know the breaking news.
So here I am sitting here trying to distract myself. Today will be the last day of medications, what a fuckin' dreadful week it's been. I can't wait for the medication side effects to wear off. My ultrasound is for this afternoon so hopefully that will give some answers to what's in there (if there is). LOL! I'm not suppose to eat and I should consume two bottles of water. Haven't really started on the water part. Speaking of things I haven't started, my studying. I've got readings and work to finish up but they have been brought to a halt. By mid-week all I wanted to do was lay in bed, vommit or shit. Damn this stupid stomach infection. I was talking to a friend at clinical and she said something so true "ever since I started clinicals I've picked up every random bug." I guess it's because this was out first clinical expereince and we really haven't been exposed to these germs before, so it's new to our body. One thing I learnt from this stomach infection experience is hand washing is important. I mean they drill that into our heads for tests, returned demonstrations etc. etc. but it really is important to wash your hands. I do them often when I'm taking care of a patient but I think the key part is also washing your hands before you leave whether it be the shift or they break to eat. As silly as it is I now know better.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh! I wish we had such sexy looking geckos in our houses, in India :-/

    I hate creepy germs. Looks like you are partying with them :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude.. Something seriously wrong with the commenting box :-/

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol...yes I remember my mom telling how in sri lanka they'd crawl on the walls. haha...oh yah def. partying with those germs. =|

    ReplyDelete